[HCDX] Logs for Al Muick 05 December

QTH:	Kabul, Afghanistan
RX:	WinRadio G303e
ANT:	200m Longwire/Randomwire
ACC:	Palstar MW-550P Mediumwave Preselector

4895	MONGOLIA, Mongolian R. 1, heard at 2306 on 5 Dec in MO with news and
then an interview show with YL/OM.  Pretty dry programming and fair signals.
This is supposedly only 10kW.

5865	ALGERIA, R. Algerienne, heard at 22.40 on 5 Dec in AR with readings
form the Koran, quite nice koranic singing by a choir (in harmony!) up until
2300 s/off with a long station ID and freqs/times by YL over an instrumental
mx bed.  Fair to good sigs with no QRM.

Nothing special to report.  It's 0430 local here and mediumwave is still
going strong, so I'll hang out there for a bit before moving up in
frequency.  Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the government
has declared a week-long holiday!

Best 73 de Al

"The plague of government is senile delinquency."
 - Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Order your WRTH 2008: