[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 11, 2008

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 11, 2008

** CANADA. CHU has started announcing the upcoming frequency change from 7335 to 7850, heard on 7335 Dec 11 at 0723:15 in French, 0724:15 in English, alternating from minute to minute; and the pips are deleted for the duration of each brief message, referring to http://nrc.gc.ca/inms which leads to this as already quoted in DXLD:
http://inms-ienm.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/common_files/stories/chu/communique_e.pdf
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC, 12000, Dec 11 at 1429 referring to webcast via http://www.radiohc.cu said that programming is repeated ``integramente`` at 1500-1900. That`s when SW is off the air, except when they forget to turn off the transmitters at 1500 sharp. At 1453 when I happened to be tuned to 15120, plugging the date`s Mesa Redonda show at 6:30 pm = 2330 UT on 9820, 6000, which would be about --- human rights! What chutzpah! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** LIBYA. V. of Africa, 11860, Dec 10 at 1926 in African language, music, fair. Scheduled 19-20 in Hausa due south from Sabrata (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO [and non]. Still trying to hear some audio from XEQM, to tell whether it is really in Maya now during daytime, but all I can detect is a het from 6104.8 against 6105.0 stations: Dec 11 until 1459:30 VOA Chinese closing, but Tinang carrier seemed to stay on; then I heard CRI IS, which is opening in Russian, and VOA opening Uzbek via Tinian, both much weaker than Tinang had been, but still way too much for Mérida (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U K [non]. For the fourth day in a row, BBCWS in English on 9625, Dec 11 at 1423 under CBC Northern, and easily confirmed as such by // 5975 BBCWS via Thailand. Again there is a SAH of about 3 Hz, and possibly RSA is in the mix too. Now we have a VTC schedule update showing that it`s Cyprus with BBCWS at 14-15, 64 degrees (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. 15580 open carrier, Dec 11 at 1450-1458* and covering up a weaker signal, i.e. VOA São Tomé blocked by VOA Greenville-B, which doesn`t modulate on this frequency until 1700 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. RNV via Cuba, 15290, Dec 10 at 1922 somebody other than Chávez giving a speech but big hum; pause for some music without the hum, and resume speech by Jesse Chacón with hum. I should have paid more attention as he was otherwise reported to have announced that RadioSur would begin in the first quarter of `09 --- is that referring to their new SW facility under construxion, or something else? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ZANZIBAR. RTZ, 11735, good signal Dec 10 at 1927 with hilife music, but the unstable transmitter warbling is getting worse. I was thinking they got a new transmitter only a few years ago, but TDP shows the 50 kW Dole unit started in 1984y, http://www.tdp.info/tza.html so is TDP not up to date, or was the transmitter refurbished? It was off the air for a considerable period (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

Order your WRTH 2008: