Re: [HCDX] the Grundig Eton G5: a major disappointment

Re: [HCDX] the Grundig Eton G5: a major disappointment

Hello !

I'm writing again because we just tested the Grundig Eton G5 receiver and we are highly disappointed... We get overload on every frequency on both LW and MW. It overloads even worse than the Sangean CST-818 rx with local 1450 kHz Arabic station wipping out any signal on 550 in both the DX and LO mode. In LO it is just SLIGHTLY weaker...

I've had a Grundig G5 for about a year, and am quite happy with it. I haven't had major problems with overloads and images even in the slop-filled greater Toronto area market. It's not a battery eater like the YB-400. But it still can't beat my 30 year old Panasonic RF-2200, which I will be using later tonight to try for the WOON-1240 test.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON

Order your WRTH 2008: