Re: [HCDX] Voice of Greece and or Other

In most cases there does not need to be any doubt about what is a relay and what is not. Just consult online references for the current (B-10) schedules, such as HFCC, Aoki and EiBi. These are linked from my homepage http://www.worldofradio.com

OR, the new World Radio TV Handbook 2011, just out, while HCDX footers are still trying to sell the 2009! Where are you, Risto?

No, Greece is not relayed by Canada (or anywhere). 9420 is certainly VOG direct. Lately apparently due to strike as in my previous post they have abnormally been playing non-Greek music (and no/fewer announcements?).

Vietnam is relayed via Canada (only if you hear it on 6175 evenings). They also have other relays and direct broadcasts.

CRI has numerous relays as well as direct broadcasts. Just look up the time and frequency in the lists. If you are primarily interested in the programming, the relays often provide better reception on the other worldside, so they are good thing from that standpoint.

Some listeners don`t know or don`t care whether they are hearing a relay or not, so don`t specify as such.

73, Glenn Hauser

--- On Thu, 12/16/10, Hector (Luigi) Perez <capecuatro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Going to the bottom of the issue; is it really Voice
> of Greece
> what I am going to hear? Is it really Voice of Vietnam
> coming straight forward from âHanoiâ or China Radio
> going out of Beijing? Or is it a relay station I am
> hearing at?

> In the postings I constantly read at the forum,
> I donât see postings like (ej) Voice of Greece relay from
> CRI or so.

> Now, is this station I will try to catch is
> Voice of Greece
> or a relay?

> With due respect I ask.

> Luigi KP3003SWL