[HCDX] Log Report for Al Muick 23 December 2011

[HCDX] Log Report for Al Muick 23 December 2011

QTH:    Whitehall, Pennsylvania, USA
RX:     WinRadio G303e
ANT:    Wellbrook ALA1530P active loop, oriented NNW-ESE

JAPAN (non), Furusato no Kaze, 9550, transmitting from Taiwan, in Japanese with talk by female and male announcers. Heard at 1337 UTC on 23 December. Announcements were interspersed with short instrumental jingles or sound effects. SINPO 45434. Positive ID at 1345 UTC. They've had a bit of jamming in the past, but today I noticed nothing. I wonder if North Korea has its hands too full with other matters at the moment?

KOREA, SOUTH, HLO Seoul Radio Coastal Station, 12843, heard at 2250 UTC on 23 December pounding the brass with a Morse CQ channel marker. SINPO 25522. Unusual to hear them at my QTH this time of day. I presume it's due to the loop antenna. This station is a very friendly QSLer, BTW.

USA, WLW, Cincinnati Ohio, 700, heard at 0051 UTC on 23 December with a slew of commercial announcements, station IDs and a short news/weather break. Heard a commercial for Skyline Chili, which, by all accounts, is some pretty decent grub. Like a local at SINPO 45544. Could not hear the QRM for the strength of this signal today.

73

Al Muick
Whitehall, PA  USA

Order your WRTH 2011: