[HCDX] Holiday Season Message 2013

December 20 2013

To friends and supporters

As the Christmas season is upon us, we wish you and your family and
friends a peaceful time in this traditionally busy yet reflective
time of the year.

Thank you for your continued interest in and support of our volunteer
based project through 2013. It's been a year of some consolidation
for us, but we've also been able to add the new Retro Radio Dial
series of features, a brand new New Zealand Radio Guide and a limited
number of new features as we prepare to totally rebuild the website
for launching in 2014, our 10th anniversary year.

In this new age of social media where people can share photos, audio
and memories and comments in the blink of an eye,
www.radioheritage.net stands even more importantly for stability,
researched content and continuity.

This is reflected in visitors spending almost 35% longer on the site
compared to a year ago, and visiting over 10% more pages each time
they visit.

Our biggest area of concern has been meeting our overheads. We have
no Santa Claus or fairy godmother and total visitors to the project
rarely interest advertisers and donors look for something big back in
exchange for their support these days.

So we continue to rely on individuals to cover the costs. For the
year ended December 31 it looks like we'll be some $6000 less than
needed to pay the bills. This is a big burden for a small non-profit
organization to carry into 2014.

If you can make a donation to reduce this debt it would be helpful at
this time of the year. See the KULA hula girl at
www.radioheritage.net for details.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed money, time, memories,
memorabilia and skills to the project, and we'll do our best to keep
honoring your trust and interest.

Please join us again in 2014, and in the meantime, we wish you Merry
Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Happy New Year, and
please enjoy the features and services at
www.radioheritage.net....the features and services which you, our
supporters, make possible.

Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.net
The Global Radio Memories Project
Where today's people connect with yesterdays radio
Email code DX to be removed from this mailing list and allow 15
working days for a volunteer to remove your address after the holiday
season.

_