Re: [HCDX] [BDXC-UK] RTE Radio 1 reception jammed ?

Re: [HCDX] [BDXC-UK] RTE Radio 1 reception jammed ?

ALGERIA   No, this is an exact 1000 Hertz audio test tone from the
transmitter Tipaza in Algerien on exact 252.000 kHz.

This audio heard around 0830 UT on Dec 18 on remote SDR unit in southern
Italy with S=9+25dB signal strength.

Re TDA-RTA Algeria / TransRadio Berlin Germany / Ampegon tx masts
Schifferstadt Germany projects in Algeria.

Contract to renew existing equipment in Tipaza Algeria (LW 1500 kW), Ouled
Fayet (MW 600 kW) and Bechar (MW 400 kW) in February 2014.

New TransRadio TRAM1500 transmitter plant.
Last week I had a correspondence mail with the TransRadio(xTelefunken)
SenderSystem AG Berlin Germany company, which performs the renovation of the
transmitter center Tipaza Algeria with new TRAM1500 transmitter,
after 43 years of TDA/RTA service with the old TESLA transmitter system from
Made in CCSR in 1972.

automatic translation:
Thank you for your questions about our major projects and look us. your
interest in our technology In light of the high Workload at year-end and
therefore restricted Resource availability in our home but we ask for your
understanding that we postpone answering your questions indefinitely have.
We are currently working with all available forces on successful
completion of various projects.

Old TDA / RTA Tipaza LW TESLA made transmitter end service by March 17,
2014.

First 1000 Hertz tone tests of the new tx unit heard on October 17, 2014.

Besides the new transmitter modules, power, air conditioning, interconnect
facial expressions, single / twin transmitter / antenna  interconnection.
New feeder lines from the transmitter building to the mast, and the overhaul
of the 43-year-old TESLA 355 meter tall height antenna - with corrosion
protection and repainting, and vertical copper cables and extension
at 14 kHz digital service bandwidth adjustment.

Work on MW sites of TDA-RTA Ouled Fayet TRAM600 and Bechar TRAM400 with new
installations, and mast renovation will follow.

Tipaza was built by Tesla Czechoslovakia in 1972, the two 2 x 750 kW
transmitter, and the 355-meter high mast, feeder switching network for two
combined transmitters interconnection dummy antenna for testing, antenna
switch and feeder line.

The plant is 43 years old, is located near the Mediterranean coastline, so
have the outdoor suffered by salt corrosion.

TDA / RTA Tipaza 252 kHz comment on TDA website:
This station broadcasting channel III underwent two operations, the
First thing the renewal and replacement of some units (preliminary stage
Tubes) by other more developed (1992), and the other led to the
Restoration of the tower radiant (355m height) has under gone significant
Damage due to its proximity to the sea and to the direct effects of the
1989 earthquake (2001).

wb df5sx
wwdxc

----- Original Message ----- From: "watlingfen watlingfen@xxxxxxxxxxxx [bdxc-news]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:16 AM
Subject: [BDXC-UK] RTE Radio 1 reception jammed ?

Continuous strong tone on 253 kHz completely spoiling and blocking
reception of RTE Radio 1 on 252kHz . Time 4.06am GMT 18/12/2014
Rog Parsons (BDXC 782), Hinckley LE10 0NJ

_