Re: [HCDX] [dxld] Re: Radio Mi Amigo and Radio Marabu on shortwave over Christmas

Re: [HCDX] [dxld] Re: Radio Mi Amigo and Radio Marabu on shortwave over Christmas

Roger, it seems you missed these, or just being Euro-centric?

And then there is the McMurdo Antarctica special Dec 24 at 2300 on 7995-USB (but being deep summer down there probably won`t get very far beyond).

73, Glenn Hauser

** U S A. 5109.76 approx., CUSB, UT Tue Dec 23 at 0110, I find that WBCQ is active with some dense instrumental rock music; not // 7490 and 9330 is off. 0114 announced as ``the first broadcast of Electro Space``, to be monthly; write radio @ electrospaceradio.com

Says will continue to broadcast monthly as long as there is an interested audience. Only fair signal and hard to copy the music announcement details or enjoy the music which I would have with a better signal. Rechecked periodically on the PL-880 while I am bandscanning on the DX-398:

0121 some synthetic voices, ``Electro Space`` and 5 tones repeated several times, then adding more tonal variations. 0141 back-announce music, asking for reports again if listening on SW or internet. Next: All I Need, by a French(?) group, Wicked Eyes by ---; Electro Space with --- (DJ name, but can`t copy), on WBCQ. 0151, another ID, address, this time plus postal to Nelson Abby(?), P O Box 225, East Jordan MI 49727; 0158 Jingle Bells; 0159 AW`s promo for airtime on WBCQ and 0200 sign-off with classical music.

A few weeks ago we heard Allan promoting cheap airtime on 50 kW 5110 for pirates to broadcast safely and legally, so this may be one of them. But I found him only by chance, and it`ll be a long 31-day wait until the next appearance (maybe). It`s not on the 5110 schedule at http://schedule.wbcq.com/main.php?fn=sked&freq=5110
nor is anything at all from Mon thru Thu. Better keep an ear on 5110 every evening for whatever else may show up without notice.

Aha, trying www.electrospaceradio.com we get forwarded to
http://nelsonogden.wix.com/electro-space
So there`s the DJ, Nelson Ogden, and he says there will be another 5110 broadcast Thu Dec 25 at 11 pm Eastern = 0400-0500 UT Fri Dec 26.

Reports wanted but he does not QSL; no podcasts, but streaming only during the SW broadcast (not working tonight, however). Is also on Facebook and a few reports already there; where also says:

``We don't have podcasting rights for the music on this show, but I'll post a link to a recording of the show for those that couldn't hear us on the radio:``
http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/electrospace/ElectroSpace001.mp3
So I do start listening to Electro Space there. Tnx for the show (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. GLOBAL 24 program schedule, 9395, continues to be updated,
http://www.tinyurl.com/G24sked

Now there is a DX-program lineup on Tuesday evenings [UT Wednesdays]
0030 Frequency Cast
0100 Chelmsford Calling [monthly] or other SW shows
0200 Frequency Cast [more? repeat? But now for an hour?]
0300 This Week in Amateur Radio > RAIN Report
0330 Wavescan
0400 World of Radio
0430 Media Network Plus
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Following the above notice to the DXLD yg, I listen in:

(9395) webcast of Global 24, checking out the new `DX block` per their revised program grid for UT Wednesdays. What I hear from 0030 to 0330 is not exactly what the sked shows. 0031 we`re amid a WRN block which turns out to be ``Radio Poland`` as Swavek Shefs is calling it now, much more succinctly than Polish Radio External Service, and this program continues for the rest of the hour, instead of `Frequency Cast` at 0030. At 0100, Feature Story News headlines from Washington, cut to G24 overmodulated ID, and into `Cheltenham Calling`, the monthly media and music magazine from the UK. 0116 it plugs fellow program `Frequency Cast` without saying when to hear it. 0118 ``Wireless Years`` segment of C.C., which is really about vintage music. Segment about VOA Radiogram and trying their own as Sunny Jim continues talking over the tones with test announcement, trying to prove something? 0142 ``Trance music``; 0155 only a few minutes left for ``Listening Post``
 which is not DX news, but quick mailbag and publicity acknowledgments.

At 0201, `Frequency Cast` really follows, #106. Seems it deals with various media and tech matters, not frequencies where one may pick stuff up!! What a misnomer. (Fortunately we have at least one DX program which is not number-shy!) 0221 guess who`s interviewed, Sunny Jim from the C.C. show, about SWBC vs Internet, numbers stations. Is not a full hour; closing at 0231 says next show will be in 2015y; 0232-0236 extended FS News from London instead of cutting it off after three headlines. 0236 RAIN, the ham news show starts, until 0255. 0257 fill with part of ``Mrs Robinson`` tune.

Not on above sked at all, but at 0301 DX-Extra #7 from Hobart Radio International beginning with the confused story about Radio Dabanga starting 10 SW stations (instead of Sudan starting 20 FM stations to counter it, as we have already discussed). 0331, AWR Wavescan opening with a Christmas Island story I recall hearing before. 0401 WORLD OF RADIO 1752.

All the above heard on webcast. Then I move to the DX-398, only to find at 0415 that 9395 is JBA, enough to recognize it`s me, but that`s it. Presumably MN+ followed at 0430, so the 0330-0500 period should be reliable with three weekly half-hour shows, while the 0030-0330 period cannot be reliable with non-weekly shows of varying podcast/lengths.

(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)