[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 6-7, 2015

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 6-7, 2015

** CHINA [non]. 9790, Dec 7 at 0313, CRI relay via CUBA in English achieves S9+20, and there`s some squeal on this transmitter. MUF isn`t always this cooperative (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. 6100, Sunday Dec 6 at 0731, tune-in to big open carrier, must be RHC, off at 0731.4*. Should have been tail of weekly Esperanto broadcast which had been messed up until now, but I didn`t axually hear any of it; did anyone? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** EGYPT. 15535, Dec 6 at 1446, LAH between two poor signals. Only one listed in Aoki is Cairo, Abis in Arabic at 13-16; but EiBi also has a CNR1 jammer at 12-14, i.e. vs V. of Tibet same hours on 15537.

9745.04, Dec 7 at 0315, suptorted music, Qur`an? from R. Cairo to North America (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** ETHIOPIA. 6090, Dec 7 at 0250, Anguilla is still off, so this time I`m standing by for Amhara Radio, scheduled to start at 0300. But nothing heard, no carrier by 0300, altho I am getting S6 on 6110 at 0259 mentioning Fana, and also an S5 on 5950 at 0302 with some music, other Ethiopian frequencies. There is however, a trace of a carrier closer to 6089 amid hash, suspected from a local device. So is Amhara really active, or is that another ex-6090 station? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GERMANY [non]. 5850, Dec 6 at 2330-2400, catch second half of the RMRC special about EDXC 2015 conference in St. Petersburg: VG signal with mixture of interviews, classic rock tunes, plugs for club`s new QSL calendar, etc. One more repeat scheduled on WRMI: Monday Dec 7 at 21-22 on 7570 and 15770 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. Another winter sporadic E opening, while analog TV still exists! Dec 6 into UT Dec 7:

2352 on 2, CCI from same offset, one of which is American football so could it be Canada? Grafix soon identify it as NFL; seems to be bug in upper right with Televisa oval log, and a word below it, presumably DEPORTES, so would this be net-2, Canal de las Estrellas?

2353 on 3, Televisa-5 net bug visible in lower right during a drama

2354 on 2, audio now Spanish, CCI from 10-kHz offset

2355 on 2, I make the football video // to KWTV CBS, but considerably ahead of it on cable

0002 on 2, NFL game but with Spanish grafix; evidently the NFL and other wipes on CBS are cleanly replaced by Televisa`s. At times the bug in UR is replaced by something else in alternation; maybe clock?

0007, I try the R75 on 59.75 MHz, and can detect some distorted Spanish sounding audio fading in and out, but its FM mode is not the FM mode of NTSC TV audio; almost sounds better by slope detexion in AM mode, but really unreadable. I do refine the frequency easily to 59.74, i.e. offset-minus. R75 is still using only the same E-W longwire as for HF.

0009, back to the TV set, and now the Spanish audio is OK on it, mentioning that there are 5 y medio minutos left in the game.

0014, I notice that CBS is already out of the game and into 60 Minutes; they must have dispensed with a post-game show. The DX seems to have faded out anyway, and I have to do something else for the next hour+.

0128 on 2, recheck, there is algo Es video DX again

0130 on 2, it`s a guy in a labcoat being interviewed by a woman, apparently about some female medical issue. Crawlers in white at bottom show phones in DF, Guadalajara, Monterrey. There`s a big lower-case script g bug in the upper right, and sometimes in the lower left, presumably logo of the infomercial advertiser.

0137, TeleVer full screen ID, so XHFM Veracruz

0139, back to lab coat guy

0145, woman wraps up the show, website or facebook looks like ingestudio or something like that

0146, news segment including about Pres. Obama`s address last hour

0151, CCI, comedy in Spanish; all the above on ch 2

0153 on 4, algo very poor in Spanish

0154 on 4, Televisa-5 net bug in LR

0203 on 2, federal anti-child-labor PSA; ad for navidad at B-STORE

0204 on 2, Azteca-7 promo for Simpsons(?) at 7:40

0207 on 2, animation dubbed; crawler at top running right to left --- I wonder if it`s a warning about the imminent DTV transition?

0210 on 2, I recognize the anim as Toy Story (or a sequel) with the cowboy; shortly fadeout (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. ``When will it come to life?`` TODAY, Dec 6, K17JN-D, Enid finally starts some video and audio modulation instead of black silence for the past week --- and just as I expected based on same company`s Ardmore LP station, it`s multiple channels from 3ABN, Three Angels Broadcasting Network, a Seventh-Day Adventist offshoot. Just what Enid needs, SIX new local gospel-huxtering channels! First noted at 1634 UT, but they are all breaking up, with slightly weaker signals than the black tests had been. PSIP IDs display as follows; some are *letterboxed, some not, and aspect ratio Cannot Be Changed on any of them:
17-1, K17JN-D but 3ABN bug in the lower right
17-2, 3ABN-PR
17-3*, 3ABN-DD
17-4*, 3ABN-ES [EspaÃol]
17-5, AF-TV [Amazing Facts]
17-6*, HopeTV1

At 1650, it`s back to black with good signals still on the meter; 1710 resume all six now without breakup; 1841, back to black; 1846 resume and apparently OK, on to stay now, tho I am not watching all afternoon. I`ll bet this goes unnoticed in the local media, but now maybe 3ABN will petition Suddenlink cable for must-carriage?

I have the impression that the 3ABN Adventists are on the outs with the Adventist World Radio faxion, doctrinal disputes? But haven`t researched that (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1802 monitoring: Awoke just before 0900 UT Sunday Dec 6, so checked 5850 VG signal for new WORLD OF RADIO airing on WRMI --- and I hear: Wavescan! Well, the WRMI sked says WOR. I`ve asked Jeff if he still intends to run WOR then from next week?

The 0400 UT Monday airing on Area 51 and WBCQ 5109.7-CUSB is pre-empted by John Lightning running way over; evidently he forgot to turn on his mike during a previous hour, and he starts a pre-recorded segment around 0420. I don`t yet know whether WOR will appear after 0500 or not at all this week. Confirmed on 9955 WRMI webcast at 0430 UT Monday December 7, but it`s very weak on 9955. Next:
Tue 1200   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 1415.5 WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 2200   WBCQ 7490v to WSW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 6100, Dec 6 at 1403, open carrier with fast SAH, over second station. Per Aoki, KCBS Pyongyang is on here before and after 1400, while CRI Mongolian via Urumqi ends at 1357: nothing else close (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 15200.0-USB, Dec 6 at 1449, 2-way Spanish INTRUDERS (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 0448 UT December 7
_