[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 12, 2015

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 12, 2015

** BANGLADESH. 15505, Dec 12 at 1359, JBA carrier, then maybe one play of Bangladesh Betar IS, until mis-timesignal ending at 1400:14.5 --- so we`re back in business monitoring yet another perpetually off-clock station with false chronology (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDIA. 4920, Dec 12 at 1335, S7 signal with South Asian song, presumably AIR Chennai, which has not been drowned. A couple stories about that via Mike Terry and Alokesh Gupta:
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2015/december/radio_connects_flood_victims.htm
<http://airddfamily.blogspot.in/2015/12/message-from-n-thiyagarajan-adgesz.html>
But one must always beware of co-channel TIBET which might fool us with similar music on 4920 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** INDONESIA. 9525.0, Dec 12 at 1327, JBA carrier, presumably Voice of Indonesia during English hour --- yes, Ivo Ivanov noted that they finally corrected the frequency from 9526- or 9525.9v, heard Dec 10 in Spanish at 17-18, but as of Dec 11, the modulation was still very low. However, Atsunori Ishida, http://rri.jpn.org/ had it on 9525 already a week earlier, Dec 3, after a 3-day absence from 9526.

It might have been a new/different transmitter, but there has been no improvement here in strength or modulation. Now we will merely have to be more careful in IDing something else on 9525.0 rather than the signature off-frequency.

Currently scheduled on 9525 per Aoki are only two: at 1500-1557, CRI English via Kashgar; 0000-0057 the other RRI, Spanish via Galbeni, Romania. HFCC also has an imaginary entry for SPC Bulgaria in English at 18-22 on 9525 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NIGERIA. 7254.92, Dec 12 at 0634, VON in Hausa, fair, off-frequency as usual (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. UNIDENTIFIED. 7560.04, Dec 12 at 0625, S7 poor signal with jazz music, some peaks to S9; 0638 bad splash from 7570 WRMIBS â varies depending on that modulation, music or wackotalk; 0640 more like big band music; 0645 fades out and in; 0705 JBA and final check 0723 JBA carrier. Meanwhile, WRMI has gone off 7570 circa 0700.

Presumably a pirate, as Aoki and HFCC agree there is only one real station on 7560 for one hour a day --- 00-01, IBB Chinese via Thailand, so of course, also ChiCom jamming, CNR1 or maybe Firedragon.

At this hour what I`m hearing could be from North or South America, Europe or even Asia. Chilean pirate RCW has been reported before on 7550. I`ve been attending to 7560, since getting this from John Cooper, PA, Dec 11 at 1445:

``Glen[n], If you have your ears on right now could you please check into 7560 as a station is playing old time rock and roll that isn't listed on any schedule I have. There has been no talking just song after song. John c.``

I didn`t, not checked until a sesquihour later when there was nothing. He replied again at 1638: ``Anyway, the station was picked up by several Pirate DXers on HF underground as UNID. The station played a really nice selection of 50's and 60's music with no ID and no talk. I just thought it was unusual. It stayed on for about 90 minutes. John c.``

Here are those reports, including a long playlist Dec 11 until 1817*:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,25024.0.html
They were playing some old Radio Newyork International programs, maybe as tribute. 7560 was also reported morning of Dec 10 after sunrise. It seems no one on HFU reported it as I did above in the 0625-0723 period Dec 12.

7560, Dec 12 at 1326 and 1503 chex, I`m hearing nothing now. But another was, 1506 Dec 12 unID:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,25048.0.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 640, Dec 12 at 1348 UT, open carrier/dead air from KWPN Moore, facilitating audibility of KFI in null. Back to ESPN a few minutes later (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** RUSSIA. 4996, Dec 12 at 1338, open carrier here smax of RWM Moscow, confirmed as such by a minute of CW IDs at 1339, and 1340 time pips. Seems awful early, but today`s sunset in Moscow was 1256, and sunrise in Enid 1334, so short-path grayline is quite possible (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 1803 monitoring. This Saturday I remember to check the UTwente SDR for WOR via Hamburger Lokalradio, 7265-CUSB, Dec 12 at 1540 --- South Asian music instead, then a trace of maybe me underneath. Altho beamed south from Kashgar, CRI 100 kW Hindi service trumps HLR`s 1 kW even in western Europe: isn`t it about time to deintermix these two? Or ask CRI to broadcast on LSB only, ha ha. Next WORs:
Sat 2030v  WA0RCR 1860-AM ND?
Sun 0415v  WA0RCR 1860-AM ND?
Sun 0900   WRMI 5850 to NW [NEW! But not last week; please confirm]
Mon 0400v  WBCQ 5110v-CUSB Area 51 to WSW [but preÃmpted last week]
Mon 0430   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Tue 1200   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 1415.5 WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 2200   WBCQ 7490v to WSW
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** YEMEN [non]. 11860, Dec 12 at 1346, Arabic poor at S6 from R. Sana`a clandestine. Too busy with other programs after 1400 today when it usually peaks much stronger; yet a JBA carrier at other parts of the 24 hours. Wolfgang BÃschel also finds poor reception in Europe much of the time.

The question must be raised: if this is via SAUDI ARABIA, could it also be using some other transmitter sites during the day, like Denge Kurdistane does? Need to monitor continuously, alert for any abrupt changes in signal or breaks in transmission (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 4864.6, Dec 12 at 1329, JBA carrier, intriguing, as the only thing listed on 4865 in Aoki, discounting any propagation from Brasil, is Voice of Iranian Kurdistan, site in Iraq unknown, at 1230-1430; but AFAIK this one is long-gone too, not even in WRTH 2015. Of course, this carrier could be a ute, but bears further chex. That`s 16:30 local time in Iraq, so propagation possible already in winter, just before sunrise here (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 4870, Dec 12 at 1329, S6 open carrier with hum --- or rather, by SSB tuning on the R75, it`s clear the hum is produced by two separate but very close carriers, which per Aoki, discounting the long-defunct and unpropagable Ecuadorian, have to be 0.3 [sic] kW RRI Wamena, Indonesia, and AIR Nepali service, from 100 kW Delhi-Kingsway, India ND transmitter. I`m also getting some other 60m frequencies matching India, but not much on 4750 from Indonesia, off? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report dispatched at 1756 UT December 12
_