[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 13-14, 2015

[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 13-14, 2015

** CUBA [non]. 9490, Dec 14 at 0202, R. RepÃblica is fair at S9 and no jamming audible, but maybe due to lower MUF between Cuba and here than direct from France.

R. Martà also mostly clear, Dec 14 around 0207 on 7365 plus JBA leapfrog on 7425 and audio bleeding in under 7305 Vatican relay, all out of Greenville (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NORTH AMERICA. 6951.0-AM, Dec 14 at 0212, weak S5 pirate with talk at tune-in, repeating a couple words, sounds like ``fool, fool, fool`` and another; 0215 recognized ``Lincolnshire Poacher`` IS. NO logs of this on HF Underground tonight, last heard a month ago on another frequency, or rather ``Son of Lincolnshire Poacher``. Nor on Free Radio Cafe, but searching the latter forum on 6951 finds several stations in the past, most recently Frederic Chopin Radio on Nov 22 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. K17JN-D, RF 17, Enid, continues to regale us with six channels at once of Three Angels Broadcasting Network, 3ABN, Seventh Day Adventism --- and other than someone running across it when rescanning for DTV channels, I bet I`m the only one in Enid who knows about this, due to absolutely no publicity in local media. I`ve had a closer look at some of the lower-right bugs, hard to decipher due to font on SD at least, to make out what the PSIP sub-IDs stand for, and find:

17-2, 3ABN-PR means Proclaim!
17-3, 3ABN-DD means Dare to Dream

Per http://3abn.org/networks/ they have several more networks than the six we get; can`t K17JN-D squeeze them in too? About::

``3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization, so people from all cultures and backgrounds appreciate 3ABN programming. Many of 3ABNâs employees and volunteers are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.`` History:

Three Angels Broadcasting Network began in the early morning hours of November 15, 1984 when Danny Shelton, a carpenter from Southern Illinois, was kept awake by troubling thoughts. . .
http://3abn.org/information/about/history/

HQ is in West Frankfort, Illinois.

This station remains the *only* local TV signal in this city of 50K, otherwise forced to rely on fringe signals from OKC, requiring outdoor antennas and even then some of them breaking up insufficiently.

Some other CPs or APPs are on file with FCC for Enid, and maybe like this one, will eventually activate one day, tho we anticipate nothing better than yet more gospel huxters or home shopping. None of the following have ever been glimpsed even tho ``licensed``! FCC TV Query shows:

K19IR-D OK ENID LD LIC
Licensee: EICB-TV EAST, LLC, For 0.5 kW, but CP for 15 kW, like K17JN, but at different site

And a NEW app for 1000 kW! on channel 21:
NEW OK ENID APP, Licensee: COMMUNITY TELEVISION EDUCATORS
which sounds like another gospel-huxter front

Three more from one company:
K36MV-D OK ENID LD CP  Licensee: DTV AMERICA CORPORATION, 5 kW
K42LL-D OK ENID LD LIC Licensee: DTV AMERICA CORPORATION, 7 kW, CP 15
KUOC-LD OK ENID LD LIC Licensee: DTV AMERICA CORPORATION, ch 48, Licensed for 3 kW, CP for 10 kW

K45EJ has three entries, but all are DK45EJ meaning deleted, at least for now; APPs and CPs from Griffin TV, i.e. KWTV-39, on behalf of its substation KSBI-23. This was an analog translator of KSBI 52 under previous ownership but really off the air for many years!

KXOK-LD 31 is also still on the FCC books altho has been defunct for more than a year (Glenn Hauser, Enid, Dec 13, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. WORLD OF RADIO 1803 monitoring: after a terrific funky fill-music set (who was that?) from 0345 UT Monday Dec 14, confirmed ontime at 0400 on Area 51 via WBCQ, 5109.7-CUSB; (and to compensate for preÃmption last week, followed by WOR 1802 at 0430). 1803 also confirmed on WRMI webcast at 0430 UT Monday, but at 0400 I had found 9955 already inaudible along with 9395, presumably on but MUF`d out. Next:
Tue 1200   WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 1415.5 WRMI 9955 to SSE
Wed 2200   WBCQ 7490v to WSW

BTW, Tom, W5KUB just informed me: Hi Glenn, I took your advice and changed the frequency from 9330 to 5110 kHz. This is for our Amateur Radio Roundtable that is live every Tuesday night at 8 pm Central. (0200 UT Wed) Thanks, Tom`` (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 9475, Dec 13 at 2114, WTWW-1 is off, and not on night frequency 5830 either; but 12105, WTWW-3 is on with Brazuguese Bibling. Next check at 0203 UT Dec 14: 5830 & 9475 are still off; 12105 still on with S9 signal of PPPP bonus hour: sporadic E boost? 5085, WTWW-2 is also on now with Xmas music, overmodulated/distorted, and still at 0403. By 0403 I can tell that 5830 is now on but plummeting MUF has made it JBA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 7504.77, Dec 14 at 0205, WRNO is S9+20, but music is suptorted (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 930, Dec 13 at 1850 UT, altho the noisy computer is on, I head to the garaged caradio to hear if anything be audible in the absence of WKY: NO. At least local device noise by sheer luck happens to land on frequencies away from 930. Then to the NRD-545 with ALA330S aimed east-west: yes, a trace of a JBA carrier, or two it seems, while nothing on the north-south NVL wire. Might be skywave at lo noon, or remnants of groundwave, the closest other 930s being:
KCCC Carlsbad NM
KRKY Granby CO
KOGA Ogallala NE
WTAD Quincy IL
KWOC Poplar Bluff MO
WSFZ Jackson MS
KDET Center TX
KLUP Terrell Hills TX
By 2100 UT, when skywave might really be kicking in, WKY is back on (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

This report despatched at 0526 UT December 14
_