[DX] A.I.R Contest 2006

The A.I.R. Contest 2006 “Attilio Leoni” will start at 00:00UTC on January
2nd, 2006, and will end at midnight UTC on January 10th, 2006. Participation
is open for all radiolisteners worldwide, A.I.R. members and non members
alike. The contest is divided into the following parts:

First part: listening to any station broadcasting from Europe (with its own
transmitter or via relay) from 00:00 UTC of January 2nd to 24:00 UTC of
January 6th, 2006 in any language (frequencies between 150 and 26100 kHz -
broadcasting (bc) bands).

Second part: listening to programmes in any language of the following
stations, at any time from January 7th at 00:00 UTC to January 10th, 2006,
at midnight UTC(frequencies between 150 and 26100 kHz - bc bands):

- ALGERIA, RTAlgerienne
- ARGENTINA, RAE
- AUSTRALIA, Radio Australia
- BENIN, ORTBenin
- CANADA, Radio Canada Int.
- KOREA DEM. REP., V.of Korea
- CUBA, Radio Habana
- ECUADOR, HCJB
- GABON, Africa n.1
- JORDAN, Radio Jordan
- INDIA, AIR
- IRAN, VOIRI
- MOROCCO, RTMarocaine
- SINGAPORE, BBC
- TURKEY, V.of Turkey
- UGANDA, Radio Uganda
- USA, V.of America
- YEMEN, Radio San’a

Each station can be logged only once.
The listening to each station in the contest will have a minimum time of 15
minutes.The contest-log must contain all usefull references (frequency, UTC
time, station name, language, the most important details for a good
valuation, SINPO code), technical data (receiver, antenna and  optionals)
and send to this address:

PECOLATTO Bruno
AIR Contest Manager
Fermo Posta
I-10080 INGRIA (TO)
ITALY

e-mail: bpecolatto@xxxxxxxxx

Not later than February 25th, 2006 (date of postmark).

On the contest-log the participant must indicate his name and surname,
complete address and a short declaration as follow: “I take the
responsibility on myself that I have listened to all the stations reported
during the time of validity of contest”.

All details will be very important for a correct estimate of the contest
results and for additional controls the Contest Manager could ask your
audio-tape. A bonus of 200 points will be awarded to all those who will
report the highest number of programme details for each station and not only
generic terms such as news, music, comments, etc.
The scores will be computed on a base of 101 = points for each station
deducting the participants percentage that listened to the same station.
Decimal will not be considered. During the contest some monitor stations
will listen off.

100 extra points: As a participant in the AIR Contest 2006 you will be
awarded 100 extra points if you listen two DX radio programmes of any
broadcasting station. The listening report will have a minimum time of 15
minutes, all usefull references as above.

The participation fee are 5 (five) IRC’s or 5 €uro to be sent with your
contest-log to Contest Manager.
Each participant will receive a certificate of participation.

Prizes list for the three first participants is the following:

1st prize: a copy of the “WRTH 2006” offered by A.I.R.
2nd prize: a t-shirt by an international station offered by A.I.R.
3rd prize: one year subscription to Radiorama magazine offered by A.I.R.

Other prizes drawn under all participants:

Two books for radiolisteners (offered by SANDIT)

Two books for radiolisteners, a t-shirt and one philatelic sheet (offered by
AIR)

For any other information, please write to Contest Manager (see the address)
and enclose one IRC.