[DX] Vs: Re: kelit

Moro
Hyvä kuulla JA:n näkemyksiäkin.
Anomaalisuus = poikkeuksellisuus. Siten siis nyt: arvot hyvät - ei kuulu -> poikkeuksellinen
tilanne. Anomaliaa siis. m.o.t.
73 tk

>>> mauno.ritola@xxxxxxxxx  >>>
Kyselin Jan Alvestadilta hänen näkemystään viime päivien huonoihin keleihin.
Kyllä tämä kuitenkin poikkeuksellista on, koska Sigge Andersson oli
tutkinut, ettei ainakaan seitsemään vuoteen ole ollut näin pitkää
K=0-jaksoa. Janin luvalla lainaan vastausta tähän:

"I don't know if there is a real
association between closed trans-polar signal paths and electron
fluence. In the past, I've considered any possible relationship based on
my own observations. Unfortunately I couldn't observe or deduce any
distinct correlation. When electron flux is high it is usually because
there was a coronal hole related disturbance or a CME a few days ago.
The peak in this index is usually lagging the planetary A index by 2-3
days. The correlation between low Ap indices and open polar paths is
usually good, but there are exceptions as we've all observed over the
last few days. Obviously we don't know all the mechanisms influencing
good propagation conditions. Several times in the past I've had the best
propagation of the season in December and I don't subscribe to any
mid-winter anomaly theory. In 1996 December was a superb month for MW-DXing.

The chart for "Electron fluence" at dxlc.com is the 24h integrated
electron flux (above 2MeV). I will try to get access to raw data
somewhere on the web and see if I notice anything of interest in higher
resolution data. That will probably have to wait until January as I'm
still very busy (and have been ever since participating in the KONG12
DX-pedition) listening to recordings, writing reception reports and so on."

73, MR