[DX] Lyhytaikaiset SW-lähetinsuunnitelmat

[DX] Lyhytaikaiset SW-lähetinsuunnitelmat

Viitaten MKA:n aiempiin suunnitelmiin, alla GH esittää samansuuntaisen kysymyksen. Tosin tämän kohdalta varmasti liian myöhäistä:

** AMSTERDAM ISLAND [and non]. DXpedition === LATEST PRESS RELEASE -
FT5ZM

The Amsterdam Island DXpedition is on schedule and all systems remain
"GO!" All the equipment the Amsterdam Island DXpedition team shipped
to New Zealand is now aboard the MV Braveheart. Our documentation -
sanitation inspections, hull inspections, de-ratting certification,
and bio-security clearance has been completed.

The vessel will be fueled for its voyage to Australia on December
23rd. On December 24th, fresh produce for the initial voyage will be
taken aboard. The crew will celebrate Christmas day at home with their
families and then on December 26th at 1400 local time, during high
slack water, the vessel will sail for Fremantle, Australia.

The Braveheart will sail around the north cape of New Zealand's north
island, across the Tasman Sea, across the Great Australian Bight, and
up the west coast of Australia to the port of Fremantle. Additional
provisions will be taken aboard in Australia and the vessel will be
re-fueled for the voyage to Amsterdam Island and back.

FT5ZM team members will begin arriving in Fremantle on January 9th.
There will be team meetings, toasts, and shopping trips. Our good VK6
friends have acquired some additional supplies for us and we will take
these aboard. The team will board the Braveheart on January 14th,
configure our maritime mobile station, and sail for Amsterdam Island
on January 15th.

You will likely hear from us one more time before we leave our
respective countries and fly to Australia. However, as always, thank
you to the amateur and DX community for your support and interest.
Visit our website frequently for late breaking news and updates. We’ve
not yet reached our financial goals, but with your continued support,
that goal is in sight. Ralph - K0IR (via ICPO mailing list via Dave
Raycroft, Dec 21, ODXA yg via DXLD)

??? Why not start the expedition in Fremantle WA, *MUCH* closer to the
destination, rather than New Zealand??? How about putting one
transceiver on a SWBC band with programming? (Glenn Hauser, DXLD)