Re: [IRCA] far flung DX

At 06:41 05/11/2005, you wrote:
>How about Tarawa-844 and Rome-845? From the east coast, several DXers heard
>this as sunrise approached in Italy. Tarawa was only a het to me, but Al
>Merriman and others heard audio from both.
>
>Not quite so geographically impressive: Peru and Spain-854 together at fair
>levels. I see on Radio Nacional de Peru's web page that they still list the
>oddball 854 frequency, but I think it's been gone for quite some time.

In this quiet time for DX, I'll go into a "when I was a boy" mode, but,
back in the mid 70's, hearing BBC-UK's audio on 647 gradually fade down and
being replaced by whichever Far East Russian was on the same channel was my
moment here on the west coast.   This was at home using a box loop antenna
and a transmogrified National HRO receiver

best wishes,
Nick