[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, August 4-18, 2017

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire. FRG-7 is no longer in use.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page61
[over 237,000 views! as of August 18, 2017]

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA [if any], unidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 1530, August 4 at 1203 UT, `La Que Buena`` also
mentioning Oaxaca almost sounding like an ID, but probably a musical
group; from KXTD Wagoner OK (Tulsa market), 5 kW daytimer (Glenn
Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. Looking thru long pdf by frequency of TIS & HAR stations:
http://www.ircaonline.org/TIS_2016.pdf
I search on OK and don`t find much in this state, but some odd ones on
split frequencies in the X-band, all with same callsign KD8618:
1614, 1628, 1652, 1676, 1700 kHz, licensed until 12/07/24 to:
``Conoco-Philips Communications Inc., Bartlesville, (Industrial
Business Pool)``. Four of those should really stand out if they are
ever active. Will have to seek them the next time I`m at OK Mozart.
Callsign format of two letters plus four numbers implies they are
mobile/portable units (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WORLD OF RADIO 1891, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. 1370, August 9 at 1158 UT, ad for Coyote Tractors on highway
290, 1159 UT ID as Fox 1370, but 1200 UT into CBS News bong. This
doesn`t quite compute, so my research finds: Google is smart enough to
correct Coyote to Kioti! US 290 connects San Antonio to Austin to
Houston TX. The only 1370 along this route is KJCE Rollingwood =
Austin market, and it`s Talk 1370, not Fox 1370. Wikipedia and NRC AM
Log of last year confirm it carries CBS news; and the find-a-Kioti-
dealer website goes to this: Paige Tractors, 4409 Highway 290 East,
Paige, TX, 78659, Distance: 46 miles from KJCE`s Austin zipcode of
78746. Wiki also informs that call derives from a previous branding
``K-Juice``. It`s 5/0.5 kW U4 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1480, August 12 at 1123 UT, open carrier/dead air, at first
suspected KBXD Dallas until I hear that in Spanish gospel underneath,
so now presumed KQAM Wichita, and making usual slow SAH together
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1710, Aug 7 at 0539 UT, JBA carrier even with R75
preamps off; perhaps pirate as reported sometimes, or TIS. I usually
start/end MW bandscans here with nothing heard. There are also
Australian and Argentine broadcasters (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

--- End Message ---