[IRCA] Lincoln City, OR Ultralight DU's for 8-21 (Eclipse Day)

Greetings from the total eclipse zone, where the weather was clear and sunny, and everyone had an awesome experience. The last DU signal during the regular session (774-3LO) bit the dust at 1355, and unfortunately there was no resurrection of it or any of the other DU or TP big guns during the total eclipse at 1735. Since packing space was limited during this trip I wasn't able to take an SSB spotting receiver along, however, so carrier levels couldn't be checked.
The sloping ocean side hill facing to the SW (DU direction) once again provided some great signals on my relatively modest 8" FSL antenna (which is the same as the one used by Richard Allen in Oklahoma), although Australian signals seemed to be favored this morning. 531-2PM ruled the roost on that busy frequency, while 585-7RN, 603-Nowra, 639-2HC and 639-5CK made decent appearances. When I checked 891 for the parallel to 639-5CK I was pretty astonished to find an S9+ signal from 5AN (its best performance for me over 9 years) with a local ABC ad around 1332. 558-Fiji also made a very good appearance late in the session at 1346, while 765-Kahungunu went against the Oz propagation trend with another huge signal at 1302.
Free time is extremely limited during this trip so the full details will need to be posted later. This one MP3 of 558-Fiji was recorded this morning at 1346 here in Lincoln City at the DU-slanted ocean side hill. The location is the best discovery since wild DXers started checking out transoceanic signals at Rockwork 4 :-)
https://app.box.com/s/1a9ksarxibdhdbpof39dyds4fu8q9xlg

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Lincoln City, OR)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
8" FSL antenna (the Richard Allen model)