Re: [IRCA] 1570 unid

--- Begin Message ---
1570 WCCM Methuen, MA has been Spanish rather than Portuguese lately.

Good chance that you heard them.  They don't always reduce power.

Have you posted audio online anywhere for DXers to review (e.g. RealDX)?

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
South Yarmouth, MA

<<
As far as I know WCCM is Portuguese "Nossa Radio", and the station web page
gives no indication that it's anything but Portuguese. What I heard over
several hours last night was entirely Spanish rapidly spoken. The only ID I
managed to hear was "La emisora de musica vaquera", but I'm not sure about
"vaquera", which if correct would be "cowgirl", but i wouldn't describe the
music I was hearing as "country". Several stations on 1570 are shown as
"Regional Mexican", but this music sounded more like Puerto Rican or
Dominican to me. Jim Renfrew, Clarendon NY

--- End Message ---