[IRCA] S. AZ TPs Sept 20--mostly poor

Generally poor conditions today with all signals having rapid several second fading, making it harder to tell when a signal had faded up to audio. The mid/high band seemed to be favored. As usual, a couple with audio. Most interesting was he mysery saion on 1566 faded up and totally dominated over HLAZ (which had a man preaching) for several minutes. Some type of woman's program with female announcer playing soft slow ballad-type femaile vocal music. I will see if I can make an .mp3 of this and maybe someone can listen and identify the language.

594 Japan very poor 1315 utc in IBOC hiss

774 Japan very poor/poor 1224 utc

828 Japan very poor 1239 utc

1098 het rose to medium level 1256 utc

1314 presumed-Japan very poor 1259 utc (gone at 1300 TOH)

1566 S Korea initially very poor/poor 1244-1302 utc, with man preaching; then "mystery station" faded up with classical organ music intro, female announcer, female vocal songs in slow ballad style to 1314 utc, then HLAZ faded up mixing 1314 utc. lasting to 1329 utc. HLAZ-only traces after that for a short time, fading away. One vocal song was familiar to me, I think it was Jean Sibelius' "Findlandia" which has had words added to the classical tune. This was a female vocal solo with classical guitar accompaniment. Levels reached 'poor" for this mystery station at times.

Steve AA7U

near Sahuarita, AZ

R75; FDM S2 recording; west DKAZ + FLG100 preamp