Re: [IRCA] Tasmania into Michigan, Oct.23rd, 2018

<<< To me it seems that some Aussie ABC or RN's use pips but many don't. Please
clarify west coast guys! >>>

Like Chuck says, it's hit and miss as for the Oz stations using time pips.. But one of the "biggies" that is reliable with the pips is 702-2BL.

<<< Tim you may want to carefully check the spectrum and see if 2WEB's carrier
came up also on 585. It surpassed 7RN briefly when I logged 7RN last year.
But in repeated replays. I cannot be sure there was any mx from 2WEB. >>>

You guys shouldn't forget that 585-2WEB's Program Director David Sharp is a famous DXer, and is phenomenal at issuing QSL's. Any song identification will qualify for a QSL, since he keeps a log of all that are broadcast. He sent me an unsolicited e-QSL after I posted an UnID 585 kHz MP3 recording with a few seconds from a song in 2010, complaining about "the dumb Australian station on 585 that never ID's." It turns out that he was a member of our Ultralight radio Yahoo group , and read everything that I posted. I ate some serious humble pie.

Gary