[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, November 30-December 8, 2018

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT!

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:Â
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page72
[over 322,000 views! as of December 8, 2018]
780, Dec 2 at 1330 UT, list of church services canceled in
Norfolk and other towns; consult WJAG.com; with KSPI nulled, and WJAG
NE still has some CCI under from WBBM.

810, Dec 6 at 1329 UT, vocal Xmasmx in English, Silver Bells
to OCAYF, from E/W, soon QRMed by cut-on of WHB Kansas City with
sportstalk, making fast SAH of approx. 10 Hz. This must be the same
unID station which had Xmasmx mixing with my Mexican log a few
mornings ago. 1333 brief announcement about homemade chile, and 1337
another break about a broadcast of the Santa Fe City Council. So it`s
KSWV, with a new format, temporarily? Or as transition? No longer `Que
Suave`, semi-Spanish. Is 5000/10 watts U1, with 7.5 watt PSRA, but
this is obviously on day power before local sunrise which in Dec is
officially 1400 UT (January: 1415). Here`s website now, except for
``Suave``, all-English as Classic Hits:
http://www.santafetoday.com/kswv/

BTW, WHB is correct in switching to 50 kW ND day pattern at 1330 UT in
Dec and Jan.

1130, Dec 2 at 1336 UT, KLEY Wellington KS is back on, missing yesterday; with KWKH nulled, mentions kscorn.com and ``local Wellington``. Also at 1643 UT recheck during Xmasmx, 250-watt signal
weak but OK, no breaking up.

1540.00, Dec 1 at 0501 UT, continuous TexMexmx is dominant,
even on E-W longwire, finally 0510 UT in English, ``We`ve got you
covered, KGBC, 15-40 AM``. And there is no het! Not off-frequency+plus
tonight. No assumption that KGBC is permanently fixed, as it`s jumped
back and forth before.

All three TX 1540s are now latino, as both KGBC and KEDA JalapeÃo San
Antonio are `Tejano` format per NRC AM Log, and KZMP Metroplex [q.v.]
is ESPN-D. (The next morning I discover that my 100-ft longwire had
been broken in the middle by a treelimbfall near the farend, now
patched back together)

1540.00, Dec 1 at 1354 UT, YL in Spanish about financial
advice but also proffering bendiciones, conversation with OM, soon
closing ``Puntos de --algo--`` show with Dallas mention and 214 AC
phone, so it`s KZMP University Park, breaking away from ESPN-Deportes
format. Now on 32 kW day power legally since 1330 UT but day pattern
is tight E-W, so we should not be getting much of it here (and night
pattern is tight east-only)

1300 & 1480, Dec 8 at 1946 UT during bandscan on caradio for daytime skywave, JBA hets on these two, i.e. ~90 kHz from 1390 KCRC local a mile or so away. The +/- 30 kHz KCRC spurs near 1360 & 1420 are perpetual and loud enough to listen to, and the weaker ones near 1330 & 1450 are always audible at least in daytime; so now I conclude KCRC spurs also spew to the third order. BTW, the KCRC engineer denies they exist! Despite my hearing the closer 4 anywhere in Enid on anyradio, and the primary ones a considerable distance on the road out of Enid.

Altho local mean noon is always 1832 UT, I don`t get around to bandscanning for winter daytime skywave on MW until 1945 UT on Saturday December 8. I`m on the caradio at the kitefield north side of Enid away from power lines (but still lite buzz at highband). Nothing much on lowband, not even WGN-720, but 1090 has something besides KEXS KS/MO.

1480, Dec 8 at 1947, Spanish music from KBXD Dallas mixing/atop KQAM Wichita. 1480 also suffers from KCRC-1390 +90 kHz spur; see above.

1510, Dec 8 at 1948, quit-smoking PSA in strong, then fadeout. Got to be skywave, but what; 1958 Nabisco ad is atop the jumble, also an intriguing LAH (low audible heterodyne) from algo (KCTE itself off-frequency?). PSA for USNA.edu, pause 10 seconds for ID: ``ESPN Kansaas City, KCTE Independence`` MO plus some FM translators, and back to an Army-Navy SBG

1560, Dec 8 at 1950 UT, Vietnamese atop CCI in English, i.e. KGOW Bellaire/Houston already skywaving almost 500 miles.

1600, Dec 8 at 1951 UT, more Vietnamese about equal level to semi-local KUSH Cushing OK, i.e. KRVA from The Metroplex TX. This language tends to stand out on the MW dial!

1700, Dec 8 at 1952 UT, TexMexmx, i.e. KKLF Richardson TX inbooming.

1200, Dec 8 at 2004 UT, breaking news from WOAI.com, San Antonio already propagating, but was not a few minutes earlier.

Until the next, best of DX and 73 de Glenn

--- End Message ---