[IRCA] New EWE Antenna thoughts

My Eastern Beverage is history. I went up to the top of the hill and found the wire broke and the fence posts down including parts of even the neighbors  electric fencing. Come to find out, the Elk destroyed it and since the herd of elk, maybe 50 of them have decided to be here often, putting up the wire again is probably not in the cards. Anyway, after I had to raise it back in 2004, it never had the directional properties I had on top of the old barbed wire fence, 4 feet off the ground. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I plan a new East/West EWE, right from my back yard to the side yard. I figure 30 feet high at 110 feet in length, giving me about 170 feet of wire. I was first going to just make it an Western EWE aimed at Asia, but I figured in my backyard why not a East/West one. Never tried an Eastern EWE before. Should be interesting. I can easily hook up a switch set up or an electronic way of switching. I can then get the variable termination set up I got from Colin I have not used as yet. I could also run two wires like twisted pair side by side, one for the Eastern EWE and one for the Western Ewe, but I do know if they would interfere with each other. I need to repair the SW EWE that came down too. The one over to the tree in the field. Between our storms, the Elk and the salt air, it sure takes a toll on the antennas around here. More later.
73,

Patrick
Patrick Martin Seaside OR KGED QSL Manager