Re: [IRCA] Coax Cable

Haven't seen any response to this, James, and am probably not going to be much help.

I've just used RG58 variants for up to 100' in permanent installations around the yard, 10 to15 years in some cases. One of them runs through about 70' of rigid PVC electrical conduit IPEX #032907 and is buried. Mind you, I've heard that although such conduit will keep the groundwater away from the coax, water vapor will condense inside, leading to a wet interior anyway. That coax still seems to work,so maybe it's dry...or maybe not.

On DXpeditions, I've run over 500' of RG58 coax to DKaz'es and such, and not suffered particularly.

best wishes,

Nick