Re: [IRCA] a tale of two conditions?

>From the chicago suburbs, I worked about 100 QSOs on and off during the
contest. My condx are T top loaded 40 foot vertical TX was running between
500 and 1KW. RX antennas various: 4 square, k9ay, a couple of beverages.
For some reason I cant figure out, my reversible DHDL antenna set not
working properly. Anyway, I worked every NA station I could hear with no
problems. I worked several mexican stations, several VI stations, and
several caribean stations with no problem. I heard no european stations. I
will say, for me, those stations usually come thru later in the evening and
into the morning and this year, I was asleep by 10 :). From my half hearted
observations, there wasnt anything spectacular about condx from here in the
midwest.

Mike