[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, January 21-February 8, 2019

--- Begin Message ---
These logs are excerpts from my daily
all-band reports, mainly SWBC,
also VHF/UHF, sometimesÂutility, ham,
which may be found in several
archives without much delay, such as

And compiled weekly along with
extensive news from many other
individuals and publications in DX
LISTENING DIGEST:

All my MW DX reports starting August
2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page74
[over 337,000 views! as of February 8, 2019]

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx:
mostly DX-398 with internal antenna
only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S
inside E-W or inside
randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio
as specified; ICR-75 with 100-foot
E-W longwire.

** MEXICO. 730, Jan 29 at 1413 in Spanish, the lowest frequency XE
still propagating more than a semihour after my LSR must be XEHB,
Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, on 50 kW day power, after own sunrise
approx. 1350 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 880, Feb 7 at 1408 UT, with KRVN nulled as much as
possible, Spanish M&W chat, bits of norteÃa music, mentions Nuevo
LeÃn, 1412 fading, 1417 back with ID mentioning 880. Loops approx.
SW/NE and my first thought is XEV Chihuahua2, but IRCA Mexican Log
says: XEV has finished moving to FM, but from 2017 there has been a CP
for another station there, XECHEP, 5000/250 watts, EscÃpate al
Paraiso. Unless that`s started up, the only other likely N/W Mexican
this late would be XEPNK, Los Mochis, Sinaloa.

Rather I suspect being faked out again by WIJR Highland IL, which per
NRC AM Log is 1700/160/500 U4 from an address in Overland MO (St Louis
market), as ``La Primera 880 AM, La Raza``. The only other USA SS
possibilities would be WMDB in Nashville TN, rather late for that
further east; and KJOZ Conroe TX but religious in the wrong direxion
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1300, Feb 6 at 1402, Spanish in the QRM with 7:02 TC,
mention Ciudad JuÃrez, temp in C; surely XEP but losing out to Tulsa.
ID not heard but it`s now ``Fiesta Mexicana`` per Tim Hall and WRTH.
No lower XEs being heard this long after LSR, 1329. Its 38 kW day
power helps.

Even earlier and at night I have been hearing zilch from XEROK 800,
with KQCV OKC nulled. XEROK must be back on QRP if on the air at all
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Atlantic JBA MW carrier search, Feb 4 at 0700-
0706, performed after noting a het upon 1000 KTOK this late;
presumably from the more westerly Europortions: 621, 747, 855, 908.83
[? local IF birdie?], 999, 1098, 1107(2), 1125(2), 1305 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. Trans-Pacific JBA MW carrier search, Feb 8 at 1328-1333:
774-NW, 828-NW, 837-WSW, 882-?, 1098-W, 1188-?, 1422-NW, 1566-NW.
LSR was 1327 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1520, Jan 31 at 2012 UT again I have that JBA ~1 kHz het
vs KOKC on caradio in western Enid; 1521 Saudi or something. Much
closer hi-end skywave certainly in play (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

--- End Message ---