[IRCA] 750 KHWG and KOAL

   Since the first day that I heard them, KHWG 750 in Fallon, NV has
been operating at about 20.2 to 20.8 Hz high.
   KOAL 750 in Price, UT is normally within a fraction of 1 Hz of their
nominal frequency.  For over 5 years they have occasionally been jumping
up to around +83 to +90 Hz.
   Now I am hearing KHWG running day and night on about 750.086 kHz.
   My speculation on what may have happened:  KHWG learned that they
were off frequency.  Lacking a frequency counter, they went off the air, tuned
a receiver to 750, and zero beat their exciter with the carrier of another station
on 750.  Unfortunately, that station turned out to be KOAL during one of
their excursions up to +86 Hz.  It is risky to clone another station's frequency.

Albert Lehr - Livermore, CA

Allied A-2515 receiver
Homebrew external sync detector, frequency measurement system
Two 35 ft. Ewe antennas at 218 and 293 degrees, 6 ft. outdoor loop