Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 5:19 PM
Subject: [NRC-AM] Portuguese preaching on 730?

Just got DX News in the mail today, and Richard Wood's logging from Hawaii of Portuguese preaching on 730 (and 1160) reminds me--I heard very similar Portuguese-language (NOT Spanish) evangelical preaching on 730 last night (Sun. May 14) around 11:15pm CDT (0415 UTC).  From here in Missouri it looped SW/NE. Pretty good signal too, stronger than co-channel XEX Mexico City. Anybody else hearing this?  The point I'm making is, I don't think it's Brazil (or anywhere near it!), but rather a domestic or maybe a Mexican--though it would be unusual for an XE to run Portuguese programming I would think...

Randy Stewart
Battlefield (Springfield) MO

Checked by AVG Free Edition.