Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

> Agreed, but it's not part of the iBiquity specification so I don't know
> whether we can count on it.

Probably not, but it's got to be on the install specs of at least all Clear
Channel and Radio Disney stations.  I can't see a station missing out on
that kind of in-your-face promotional method.  I bet all currently supplied
transmitting equipment includes a text port for the info.

One of these days I'll have to cajole the local Clear Channel guy into
letting me see the facility.  Maybe if the wind is just right, I can see if
it will do all-digital mode as it is.  Supposedly it's just a flick of a
switch.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI