Re: [IRCA] Lightning strikes map

Saul-

OK, I am correcting you. You are basiclly correct in that tornadoes and
lighting by them selfs probaly do not cause TVDX.
However, thunderstorms that gho up over 30,000 and do produce tornadoes,
hail, and lots of lighting DO play a part in creating E's.

Out of the top of large thunderstorms come what are called 'Spites" and they
DO make the E layer stronger to reflect back VHF signals. BUT, they are NOT
the only way that E's or F2 can happen.

As I am sure you know, if you watch the weather channels and the maps, you
can almost predict where some skip will come from. I am also sure that this
is a bad explaination of a very complex subject.

Willis