[IRCA] Station news (western states plus Mexico) from my recent car trips to WY and TX

[IRCA] Station news (western states plus Mexico) from my recent car trips to WY and TX

Station News:

 620  XEGH  TAMA  Rio Bravo - Now Spanish oldies/romantica
//XHCAO-89.1, "La lupe 89.1 FM y 620 AM"

 740  KIDR  AZ  Phoenix - Running W radio network spanish programming,
but maybe not all the time.

 740  KATZ  NM  Carlsbad - Station is now running classic hits during
the day and using the slogan "the hippo."  They still run Spanish in
the afternoons and evenings.  This is an odd format change, since
oldies can already be found in this part of the country on KCCC-930
and KHOB-1390.

 770  XEANT  SLP  Tancanhuitz - Now 10kW.

 840  KVJY  TX  Pharr - Tejano, "8-40 AM La Tejana."  Announcers on
this station speak fluent "Spanglish" (changing back and forth between
English and Spanish words in the middle of each sentence).

 920  KWYS  MT  West Yellowstone - Station seems to have got back on
its feet now.  Last time we visited, they were fully automated with
dead air during almost all ad or ID breaks.  Now they are using "West
Yellowstone's Own" slogan and have more local ads and ABC news and
features including Paul Harvey.

 980  KHOS  TX  Sonora - Was silent both times we drove through Sonora
(6/30 and 7/3).

1050  KTBA  AZ  Tuba City - Hasn't moved to 760 yet; currently running
REL //KHAC-880.

1230  KPSA  NM  Roswell - New format aimed at senior citizens.  Mostly
NOS but I think I heard some talk and classic country as well.

1240  KAMQ  NM  Carlsbad - Back on the air, now with ESPN sports "the
new ESPN radio 12-40."  They don't have much to fill the station
breaks yet (just before the top of each hour, they run the "Radio Gets
results" commercial 4 times in a row!).  Asking listeners for
suggestions at ESPN1240@xxxxxxxxxx

1250  KZDC  TX  San Antonio - Spanish oldies "La lupe 12-50 AM,
viejitas favoritas"

1260  KLDS  TX  Falfurrias - Now IDs as "La nueva Cadena Radio
Cristiana" //KUBR-1210, at least at times.

1260  KWNX  TX  Taylor - Still running English ESPN, has not switched
to ESPN Deportes yet.  Still //KZNX-1530 so the KZNX upgrade must not
have occurred yet.

1340  KTMP  UT  Heber City  - Still on the air despite reportedly
losing their license again last year.  "Hometown Country" at night;
during the day I noted mostly long interviews of the operators of
local zoos, nature centers, etc., all by the same DJ.

1380  KFNI  TX  Pleasanton - Spanish contemporary Christian, "la luz
de San Antonio."

1400  KIUN  TX  Pecos - Still country during the day, but runs some
Mexican music in the evening.  Evening announcers on this station
speak fluent "Spanglish" (changing back and forth between English and
Spanish words in the middle of each sentence).

1400  KENT  UT  Parowan - On the air and getting out well with WW1
NOS.  "Thanks for sharing your day with us, KENT radio 14 hundred."

1450  KAVP  CO  Colona - Automated rock oldies, mostly non-IDs "The
Classic Rock Station."

1490  XEAQ  SON  Agua Prieta - Definitely gone.  Hasn't been noted on
our last 2-3 trips through this area; this time we drove through
Douglas and got within a few hundred feet of the border.

1510  KROB  TX  Robstown - Seems to have toned down the cheating.
When I was in Houston in 2004, they were loud every night.

1560  KTXZ  TX  West Lake Hills - Spanish oldies //FM "La lupe 92.5"

1590  KDAE  TX  Sinton - Back on the air with Spanish contemporary
Christian music, "Radio Libertad."  Announcers on this station speak
fluent "Spanglish" (changing back and forth between English and
Spanish words in the middle of each sentence).

73, Tim Hall