Re: [IRCA] NM DOT on 1610

I haven`t been to NM yet this year, but on previous trips thru Clayton there
was never a 1610. There is one however near Santa Rosa, and the -4 your heard
might have been ``District 4``. This would mean they have FINALLY switched from
drunk driving to fire prevention. Of course there could also be others closer
to where you were. 73, Glenn Hauser, Enid OK

Other Santa Rosa media news: The HAR on 1610 is STILL on, tho I-40
construxion was completed months ago in that area, but the one on 1650
is gone. Nothing but the SAME old continuous loop from NMDOT District
4 urging us to arrive alive, not drink & drive, and implying we are
going somewhere else, not a very welcoming message (DX LISTENING DIGEST 5-177
of last October 13, 2005)

In some previous issue, I believe I quoted the exact spiel.

Re: Last week when I was in Artesia, NM and Tombstone, AZ, I logged a NM DoT
HAR on 1610. I believe the station is probably located near Clayton, NM. Can
anyone confirm? Here's what I could copy: "Thanks for tuning in to the New
Mexico Highway Advisory Radio. In light of the fire burning in Texas and
Oklahoma, and the extreme fire danger in New Mexico... protect our beautiful
state... by putting out cigarettes... If a fire is found, call 911
immediately... May you arrive at your destination safely. This message is
brought to you by the New Mexico Department of Transportation." This MIGHT be
followed by a number, which MIGHT end in 244 or 344. There may also have been a
mention of highway 64 at some point in the message. Can anyone help confirm the
location of this one? Thanks, Tim Hall