Re: [IRCA] KBRT / KSPN HD interference

Patrick,

Just think if all broadcasting companies felt that way. It would be a
different world.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.

--- Begin Message ---
Patrick Martin said: Thanks Patrick for posting this. I find it very
interesting as both 710 and 740 are listed as using IBOC. There have
been other stations that have complained about the IBOC hash in the
metro areas too. Let the complains come in...More the merrier.
---------------

Yes there have been others on 1st and even 2nd adjacent channels. But
what's really scary about the KBRT / KSPN situation is that the
interference is on a 3rd adjacent channel. That's a lot of bandwidth!

As far as technical facilities are concerned, Crawford has to be one of
the most conscientious broadcast organizations that I have seen. Every
Crawford facility that I have visited has been immaculate. And they
always seem to be at the leading edge of technical advances. For
example, here in the Denver area they seem to be having great success at
using Motorola's Canopy as an alternative to traditional STL systems.

I have to mention that a few months ago I expressed a concern about a
possible technical problem with one of Crawford's Denver area AM
stations. Corporate Director of Engineering Cris Alexander and Colorado
Chief Engineer Ed Dulaney both responded immediately and, in my opinion,
took extreme measures to ensure that their facility was operating
correctly. Even more remarkable, they both went out of their way to keep
me informed about the progress of their investigation. I believe I heard
from one or both of them every day for almost a week. I find that to be
amazing.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/
http://community.webtv.net/AM-DXer/