Re: [IRCA] FCC to consider FM translators for AM stations?

Re: [IRCA] FCC to consider FM translators for AM stations?

John,

I know of very very few people that still still to AM around here.
Infact people listen to CDs in their cars more than anything else.
People don't want to hear fading, noise, constant chatter that goes on
and on. Some listen to NPR or other listener supported radio where the
DJ patter is low but that is on FM. Sometimes I think us DXers are the
only ones that listen to AM. hi. In the case of KGO 810, many of their
listeners hear the station online. That is getting more and more
popular. C Crane now just sells an online radio you can hook up to DSL
or a Cable Modim. I considered buying one, but it will not work on dial
up.  With my big dish and also the Dish Network, I have hundreds of
audio services and radio stations. Most are ad free too. Serious is
available for music on Dish, XM on Direct. The Andrew Sisters on radio?
Yes, there are a few that still play Big Band. We have one on 680 in the
Olympia WA area. But not many these days. Infact they play Flapper Music
from the 20s at times.  AM has a lot of competition out there and AM is
not winning.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.