  From: W. Curt Deegan
  To: IRCA List ; Shortwave-SWL-Antenna
  Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:53 PM
  Subject: [Shortwave-SWL-Antenna] Noisy Cable TV

  After posting the MP3 audio recording of my cable TV noise problem, I was
  asked about a spectrum scan of the noise. Below are the links to the audio
  recording and to an image of a Spectran scan of the Cable TV noise.

  The scan was made directly from the RX-320D receiver during an especially
  heavy noise period, not from the audio recording. (Spectran requires a WAV
  file input, converting from MP3 was more of a hassle than just recording live.)

  http://scooterhound.com/WWWR/radio/CableTVNoise.mp3
  http://scooterhound.com/WWWR/radio/CableTVNoise.jpg

  You'll not see a more orderly picture of noise!

  Today, again right at 4pm just as yesterday, the noise level jumped way
  up. Now that I'm watching more closely, I am seeing patterns which
  hopefully will help in squashing this beast.

  Curt
  -------
  W. Curt Deegan
  Boca Raton, (southeast) Florida
  [Ten-Tec RX-320D; LFE H-800]

  __._,_.___
  Messages | Files | Photos | Links
  Hello Members,
  .
  Here are your Messages from the
  "Shortwave-SWL-Antenna" Group on YAHOO !
  .
  NOTICE : If your are going to re-use the Writings and
  Infomation in-whole or in-part that you have found in
  this YAHOO! Group; at other websites and places on the
  Internet; including other forms of Media.
  THEN - Please give Proper Attribution to this Group.
  By Post the Name of the Group and a Link to the Group.
  Shortwave Listeners (SWL) Antennas Group YAHOO !

  Regards ~ RHF
  .

    a..  24New Members
    b..  2New Links