[IRCA] Signal Harmonics

Marty Duplicate signals heard on other freqs are more
than likely harmonics instead of signals coming from
repeaters since big city stations usually dont
transmit on alternate freqs in nearby smaller towns
unless it's a network set up to fill in deadspots
which is more commonly done by FM stations.These false
signals could be picked up by a tuner like the one in
the GE S R 3 which I have compared to the GE S R 1 and
noting that the 3 is not as finely calibrated as the
1. I recently lost a GE S R 1 to a windstorm which
sucked the receiver right off the window ledge of my
16th floor apt because  I left the window open.that
was a bad day for me but I now use a very selective
Grundig multybander for my AM dxing and happy to be
listening again. Bill in Vic BC