Re: [IRCA] KCKK-1510 Update

Today's Denver Post reports that KCKK-1510 may become a new outlet for
Sporting News Radio.
O. Howit Hertz
///////
Hi O! At the moment this is little more than a rumor. If you noticed in
the article our CEO said "no deal" and the Post columnist added the word
"yet". But that doesn't mean it won't happen.

I'm not sure what kind of agreement took place when we took over the
classic country format, the KCKK call letters, and the Kicks slogan from
the 1600 outlet a few months ago. I have to wonder if we are bound to
that by contract. I can tell you that NRC has done absolutely no
promotion for KCKK. The station doesn't even have stationary. And
several recent suggestions from staff to improve the programming have
been rejected. Those certainly could be indications of anticipated
changes.

The internal rumors have been that the station is for sale. NRC bought
the station for $2.4M if I remember correctly. They made a lot of major
improvements to the physical plant including an all new state of the art
transmitter site, power increases, and the ability to make more power
increases. You may recall that NRC did something similar with the 1150
outlet in the Denver market a few years ago. They bought it,
significantly improved the physical plant, then sold it.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
Broadcast Technician
NRC Broadcasting - Denver
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/