Re: [IRCA] UNID TIS 540

Patrick (and Dennis, Paul, and Walt):

     Regarding the Castle Rock-540 TIS, I should have  mentioned that the
NOAA weather (etc.) announcer was indeed female, and that the  sign for this
station appeared just north of Castle Rock as we were southbound  on I-5,
confirming that the location was indeed Castle Rock, in Cowlitz County  (as Paul
investigated).

     We all had lots of fun in Astoria/Seaside  yesterday, and are eager to
visit again soon.  My wife and son especially  liked riding the $1 trolley in
Astoria, as I checked the astonishing band  conditions near salt water (B.C.
stations as strong as in Puyallup, although  much farther away).  The Sony
ICF-S5W is a pretty rare medium-wave DX  specialty portable, which was only sold
only for 2 years (1981-2).  I am  happy you like it!  It is great for travel
DXing, especially for sorting  out the I-5 TIS/HAR stations, which seem to change
like the weather, hi.   Thanks again for meeting us during your busy schedule.

                                   73,  Gary