Re: [IRCA] Ground radials was New receiver ground

At 11:29 PM 8/11/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>To change the subject a little bit, how about using counterpoise radials
>instead of ground rods? You can lay the wire on the ground or bury by
>just covering it.  What are the pros and cons of using radials instead
>of ground rods? How about using both of them at the same time.  I use
>radials for my K9AY and have a couple on one of my EWE antennas in
>addition to a ground rod.
>
>Bill

Bill,

I think that a mat of chicken wire or something that would not be
corroded away would be better than ground rods. Better capacitance
to earth. Actual conductance is not so important as you're not
dealing with D-C or low-frequency A-C currents. In fact, a well
insulated ground mat system (to avoid corrosion problems) would
probably be better.

Charles

  Charles A Taylor, WD4INP

  Greenville, North Carolina