Re: [IRCA] TAs on the west coast

A rather odd evening. Had some audio from the regulars when I first got home around 0100 UTC, but then things faded. Now, I'm hearing only carriers, with one exception - that being Iran in Russian on 702, certainly not what I would normally expect.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

Walter Salmaniw wrote:

As others have reported from central and eastern NA, the TAs are coming in.  At 00:35 UTC (4:35 pm local), I'm hearing Absolute Radio on 1215 at a good level at times, and also Farda on 1575.  KOMO 1000 has a loud het from 999, and most other channels 1 kHz from a North American also have audible hets.  1422 has western sounding music, so not sure whether this is Germany or not.  Fair level.  864 with prob France Bleu at poor level, 855, 837, 783 all weak.  756 DLF at fair level.  Although I haven't been too active lately, it still strikes me as a relatively good start for the evening....Walt in Victoria, BC