Re: [IRCA] KOTZ-720 Local Time

>Paul Walker

>reports KOTZ 720 Kotzebue Alaska will test for 30 minutes during the off-air
>period. The test will consist of sweep tones, Morse code, sound effects and
>other announcements and is scheduled for 0000-0030 LOCAL TIME. Kotzebue is
>rather
>close to Russia. I have not yet determined its time zone. Alaska has several, I
>believe.

Saul or Paul;

I sent an e-mail a week or two back to answer this question and let you know
that Kotzebue is UTC-9 until the Daylight Savings Time changeover.  Therefore,
they will still be UTC-9 at the time of their testing during the Chicago SPs.
This also means they will be 4 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

73,

J.D. Stephens
dx-tips@xxxxxxx