[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 5-11, 2013

[IRCA] Mostly Mexican MW DX to Enid OK, April 5-11, 2013

All times and dates strictly UT. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only. Or FRG-7, Sony SRF-59 when specified.

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

** MEXICO. 600, April 9 at 1206 UT, several ads and government PSAs, jingle, all mentioning Sinaloa, 1209 ``Línea Directa``, call-in program. Momentarily has frequency to self at sunrise here. Cantú:
600 XEHW La Mejor + FM 102.7 Mazatlán, Sin. 5,000 1,000
See my previous circumstantial log of March 27 at same hour (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 630, April 5 at 0608 UT, Mexican NA by brass band, well-played, different version than usually heard, plays a few verses tho lyric-less; 0610 segué to ``Monterrey, Tierra Querida`` city anthem, ``entre montañas y tierra``. Heavy SAH with US talker nulled as much as possible. No doubt it`s usual XEFB, and then full ID at 0613 as ``La F-B, Romántica`` having flipped from news/talk a few months ago (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 650, April 5 at 1207 UT, presumed dominant Mexican here, XETNT, Los Mochis, Sinaloa, live ad for some store in the Mercado San Francisco, 5:06 timecheck, which fits for UT-7 until April 7 advance to UT -6, but then I double-take as he seems to say, ``Buenos días, Guerrero`` and into a song. Turns out there is a 650 in Chilpancingo, but I`m still sure it`s XETNT as there is a Mercado San Francisco in Los Mochis (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, April 5 at 0606 UT with WLW nulled, weak Spanish interview mentioning Guadalajara, which fits for XEDKR, but that one word is hardly sufficient to be sure, as it`s on the Radio Red network, 1/1 kW, tho I have IDed it before (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 700, April 8 at 0605 UT I can achieve a deep null on strong WLW by precise positioning of the DX-398, and inhabiting it is a weak signal with classic rock in English: ``Diana``, 0607 fade during an announcement which I thought included ``98`` as in an FM frequency, but maybe not. ``You Are My Destiny`` next, and at 0610, Spanish timecheck ``en Radio Red`` plus another vocal in English. Cantú shows:
700 XEDKR Radio Red AM Guadalajara, Jal. 10,000 150
So really 150 watts now?? And maybe carrying their FM music service instead? (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, April 5 at 1210 UT, full ID for XEDP and XHDP in Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua, ``La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc``, and 1211 switch to hymn and then Low German preacher, for the Mennonites around. A common catch, but it`s always neat to hear this strange language coming out of the middle of Mexico. By 1220 UT, it`s faded and KCMO/KGNC are regaining 710. Our sunrise was 1211 today, and no TP carriers heard (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1664, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 710, April 11 at 1201 UT, M&W opening `Noticias 7-10` with efemérides, i.e. almanac, this day in history, etc.; is this XEDP? Yes, soon weather for Ciudad Cuauhtémoc, Chihuahua. It could have been an hour-long morning news block, but maybe not: 6 days ago on Friday it switched to the Low German preacher at 1210, but don`t know about today (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 770, April 5 at 0558 UT, tune in to ``Grupo Fórmula`` network ID and choral NA, i.e. XEACH Monterrey NL, supposedly 200 watts at night, 5 kW day per IRCA (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) See also UNIDs 810, 940

** MEXICO. 870, April 11 at 1206 UT, XETAR with web info in Spanish, then switch to presumed Tarahumara, satisfying my yen for something exotic if not on XEDP. Only fair signal but dominant at the moment around sunrise (today in Enid: 1203), traces in its null of KFJZ or maybe WWL (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. 1570, April 7 at 0613 UT, XERF YL in Spanish says this station is live 24 hours, her show until 5 am, and then mentions that the rest of Mexico, except certain states, is about to go on DST too. Border towns like Acuña had to shift when the US did a month ago (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 810, April 5 at 0558, XE NA going to a state anthem, but I can`t recognize which, among the many, many Mexicans crammed onto 810 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 940, April 5 at 0605 UT, soprano singing Chihuahua state anthem amid heavy CCI. Or so I thought I had recognized it, but there are no Chihuahuans listed on 940! Maybe it was Coahuila, XEYJ (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)