[IRCA] Exciting News!

www.radioheritage.net
July 13 2014

Hello!

As you may know, this global radio heritage project has been online
for some 10 years, and we are totally reliant on our monthly funding
partners to cover our operational costs. Here's what we've been doing
lately and some exciting news:

* recent grant helps upgrade our technology
* good success with new promotion on Facebook
* visitors to website continue to grow
* new features added

* We've successfully obtained a grant from a New Zealand based
community funder as part of a planned technology upgrade over the
coming months. It covers some of the operational technology we use
and is also an initial move towards digital storage facilities.
We're delighted that this is their third donation towards our
technology, and that they're pleased with the way we've handled
previous grants which have high financial reporting processes.

* A small donation for testing social media has also been used on
Facebook in recent weeks. This demonstrated that we can reach many
thousands of targeted people of interest to the project for a low
cost, add hundreds of connections, and get these people looking at
the website where they have added to building the visitor numbers
almost immediately.

We need to keep building site visitors to have any chance of
attracting business partners and sponsors. We'll be evaluating the

* Since April 1 2014, visitors to the website compared to this time
last year are up across the board: India is up 22.7%, Japan up 18.7%
NZ up 13.2%, Canada up 10.5%, and UK up 10.2%.

Our toughest challenges are Australia which is up just 1.5% and the
USA which is almost standing still and only up 0.25%.

There are always seasonal issues at play - in the warmer months,
people have better things to do with their time, and in the cooler
months, we find visits usually increase.

* For the period April-July, you're currently funding 74% of the
costs of meeting the operational charges, but we still must find
$2,008 to cover all our expenses to the end of July.

If you haven't made a donation for sometime, or never made one before,
it would be nice to hear from you this weekend. Everyone has
different calls on their funds, we understand that, but you'll make
it possible for us to continue our volunteer work program - and keep
the website free for people to use - if you'll join our team of
financial supporters this month.

Please make your donation at www.radioheritage.net and check out our
supporters so far this month, and the Supporters Roll.

* The Call of the Friendly Islands, ZCO Tonga is one of our new
features. We dug this article out of an old magazine, and found
perhaps the first QSL letter issued by the station safe in one of our
collections. It's already attracting a lot of interest from readers
in Fiji, Samoa and Tonga.

Thanks again for helping keep us on track with your support, and
we're busy working on some exciting new features and continuing to
receive more collections of radio memorabilia and radio memories for
safekeeping. Thanks for making it all possible.

Best regards
David Ricquish
Chairman
Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.net
Where today's people connect with yesterday's radio
Email PW7 to be removed from this mailing list and please allow 15
working days for a volunteer to manually find and remove your name.