[IRCA] Rockwork 4 DU-DXpedition-- South Pacific UnID's and Mysteries

--- Begin Message ---

Hello All,

As usual, the recent visit to the Oregon ocean cliff site resulted in a mix of definite and not-so-definite DU loggings. Most of the mysteries were related to Australian stations trying to break through the strong NZ-slanted propagation.

Posted below are several MP3's of these mysteries, along with descriptions of what I can make out by myself. The 702 kHz recording is pretty strong, so anyone in NZ or Oz could probably tell me the accent of the female presenter. Any assistance would be appreciated!

531  UnID  Australian   In general the Oz stations on this frequency had a very rough time breaking through the heavy 531-
            PI signal, but in this recording at 1233z on 7-17 there is an Australian pop music station mixing with PI at a fair level,
            with a female presenter giving some speech from :08 until :17 into the recording. Not too much to go with, but does
            anyone in Oz recognize her voice? (headphones recommended)

            http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6226aomeihz2ek9/531-UnIDAussie-1233z071714PL380.MP3

531  UnID  Australian   Another Oz station trying to break through PI's hammerlock on the frequency. At 1258z on 7-16
            a male-voiced presenter on an Australian station is speaking under 531-PI's Samoan male presenter. Being close
            to the 1300 TOH, this may have been some type of news. Does anyone in Oz recognize his voice? (headphones
            recommended)

            http://www.mediafire.com/listen/bbx02dq4d9aq55s/531-UnIDAussie-1258z071614PL380.MP3

585  UnID  Australian   At 1238 on 7-17 a fairly weak station was received on 585, but it was clearly not // with 603-Waatea
            (i.e., it was not the 2 kW Kiwi station 585-Radio Ngati Porou). This leaves only two Oz stations as real possibilities--
            585-2WEB "Outback Radio" (received three times previously on the Cliffs) or the 10 kW ABC station 7RN in Hobart,
            Tasmania (never before received). Both male and female presenters are giving either an interview, or news. Any
            suggestions from Oz? (headphones recommended)

            http://www.mediafire.com/listen/sx699ey6dnss8qv/585-UnID-DU-1238z071714PL380.MP3

702  UnID  DU   This fairly strong station at 1211 on 7-19 is obviously either the Kiwi 10 kw station Radio Live or the Aussie
            50 kW big gun 2BL, but since an LR network // wasn't available at the time I couldn't confirm the ABC identity. My
            guess is that this is 2BL because of the complete lack of commercial advertising from the female presenter, but
            could someone in either NZ or Oz confirm her Aussie accent?

            http://www.mediafire.com/listen/d6781cbulgix8ha/702-UnID-DU-1211z071914PL380.MP3

Thanks for any assistance!

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

--- End Message ---