Re: [IRCA] Rockworks - summary of Wed 7-16

--- Begin Message ---
<<<  I've done a scan of my Perseus files during the  best period of Wednesday, 16
July. It's my best night ever for NZ with 72 frequencies having identified
stations.    >>>

Chuck, you seem to have been bitten hard by the "Cliffhanger DXing" bug. Welcome to the wild side of DXing.

<<<   900 Southern Star under California and Hawaii1188 RNZ National with 400 Watts
1305 Radio Dunedin fair with ID from NZ's oldest broadcaster (1922)1359 More FM,
Queenstown (1 kw) 1305 and 1359 were totally unexpected. Now on to Thursday 17
July and then a write-up of the logs. Chuck

Well, I was 100 feet to the SE of you but never even made it up to those frequencies during my live DXing-- since there was so much exotic DX on the lower frequencies! My best catches of the 7 day DXpedition:

558  Radio Fiji One  (10 kW)  Last surviving Fiji MW outlet; only DU on frequency with Polynesian mx format

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/qb5t8ivirbsj7ck/558-RadioFijiOne-1233z071814PL380.MP3

576  The Word  (2.5 kW)   Obscure Kiwi station almost always buried under 2RN; Bible reading 24 hours a day

http://www.mediafire.com/view/o38siapebaec7i8/576-TheWordRadio-1246z071714PL380.MP3

585  Radio Ngati Porou  (2 kW), extremely weak Maori station, // 603  (17 seconds of each on MP3)

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/vog3me5rgar5qq3/585-R.NgatiPorou-1236z071514PL380.MP3

702  Radio Live  (10 kW)   Obscure Kiwi station pounding in at S9 level for almost 3 minutes on the MP3

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/cbfaqf6q18obfo4/702-RadioLive-1237z071314PL380.MP3

936  Chinese Voice  (1 kW)   Apparent new Ultralight radio DX distance record for 1 kW reception in N. America

http://www.mediafire.com/view/br2t5h1q7162523/936-ChineseVoice-1204z071714PL380.MP3

I'll be eager to see your final list of loggings, Chuck, and will be happy to share mine after sorting through all the MP3's. The "Apples and Oranges" DXpedition seems to have really tracked down the Kiwis.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)

Great loggings, Chuck. I was 100' south of you, and

I've done a scan of my Perseus files during the  best period of Wednesday, 16
July. It's my best night ever for NZ with 72 frequencies having identified
stations.

Favorite moments:

900 Southern Star under California and Hawaii1188 RNZ National with 400 Watts
1305 Radio Dunedin fair with ID from NZ's oldest broadcaster (1922)1359 More FM,
Queenstown (1 kw) 1305 and 1359 were totally unexpected. Now on to Thursday 17
July and then a write-up of the logs. Chuck

editors, publishing staff, or officers

--- End Message ---