From: "Tim Tromp" <kilokat7@xxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ABDX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:49:05 AM
Subject: [IRCA] New Michigan DU catch this morning!

612 was noted this morning with a fair level carrier. ÂBy 1210 UTC the
level grew until faint modulation traces could be seen on the SDR and
heard through the slop from 610. ÂAt this point I'm scrambling to look
up the web stream for ABC Brisbane as I was now hearing some very faint
music with female vocals. ÂThe signal continued to build slightly and
was coming in well enough to match music heard on the Perseus to ABC
Brisbane's live web stream. ÂAn announcer break between songs also
helped when making the parallel. So 612 4QR ABC Brisbane, Australia is a
new log here this morning that I'm excited with at a distance of 8,993
miles!

738 Tahiti was also in a bit earlier with weak audio, but good enough to
parallel against their web stream. ÂWeak carriers also noted on 702 &
747 during local sunrise but they never developed into audio.

73,
Tim Tromp
West Michigan
Perseus SDR + phased southwest BOGs