[Swprograms] Re: Mr. Bush is pro-BPL?

While he did mention powerlines, in the very next line after a single mention of powerlines, he said the following ( which shows a true business perspective);

"we need to open up more federally controlled wireless spectrum to auction in free public use, to make wireless broadband more accessible, reliable, and affordable. Listen, one of the technologies that's coming is wireless."

Hmmm, I think that shows a balanced approach. Never mentioned taking any of the 100's of MHz of amateur spectrum. Was that in the ARRL statement anywhere?

While I am sure the conspiracy theorists are all going to fall all over this, the whole speech should be published & not just 1 cherry-picked point. Everyday I read Wireless Daily & Broadband Reports to find the real truth about the business I work in. I sure don't depend on the ARRL to choose my President or to repeat what he said correctly. Those ARRL people can't even produce a technical video with a spectrum analyzer to show a BPL signal!!! Some lab they run, they used an S-meter instead!

Sorry but read the whole speech at http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/04/20040426-6.html

before making ignorant political statements, based on ARRL lack-o-technic propoganda!

Chris

# # # - http://www.reuters.com/news.jhtml
http://www.powerline-plc.info/downloads_en.html Real BPL Videos/No ARRL S- meter
http://dailywireless.org/