[Swprograms] OT: Satellite Radio Growth Predict

[Swprograms] OT: Satellite Radio Growth Predict

>From the 6/28 issue of Radio Currents:

Skywaves Research Forecasts Satellite Radio Growth

Ann Arbor, MI - Jun 28, 2004 - Skywaves Research Report released a report forecasting huge satellite radio subscription growth by the end of the decade.

Skywaves Research releases its annual long-term growth forecast every June. Based on Bass Model of consumer adoption rates, the researcher reports that satellite radio broadcasters XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio together could serve more than 42 million net subscribers by the end of 2009.

Bob Richards, Skywaves' director of research said, "The growth rates have built so quickly that we have dropped our minimum forecast scenario because it proved too conservative."

Based on channel checks and additional analysis, Skywaves Research estimates that XM could reach a year-end total of at least 3.1 million subscribers and that Sirius could reach a year-end total of at least 910,000 subscribers.

The complete report can be purchased from Skywaves Research at <www.skywavesresearch.com>

Joe Buch