[Swprograms] DO MY EARS DECEIVE ME?

Listening to the BBC World Service over the weekend via DAB, I feel sure that the audio quality has deteriorated slightly, as if the bit rate has been reduced.  I noticed this during my regular Saturday morning listens, namely "Write on" at 03:45 UTC and "World Football" at 06:32.  Also checking this afternoon during the football commentary between Spurs and Norwich, where there was quite a definite difference between the audio on BBC WS as against that on 5 Live.  BBC WS has always been considerably louder than 5 Live on DAB, but I haven't previously  noticed any difference in quality.  Discuss.
PAUL DAVID,
Wembley Park, United Kingdom