[Swprograms] HHGG new series first px now available in RA

[Swprograms] HHGG new series first px now available in RA

Mr. Rubin posted:
> rtsp://rmclip1.thny.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/tue1830.ra
>
> (This link works but they haven't put up the link at the BBCR4 comedy
> page yet.)
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/
>
> You can listen live Tuesdays at 1730 GMT and Thursday 2200 GMT. (times
> on the web page are GMT+1)
>
> As to when it will be on BBCWS or your local station that buys
> programs from the BBC, your guess is as good as mine.
>
> By the way, if you're having trouble with BBC radio Real Audio listen
> again links, try substituting rmclip1.thny.bbc.co.uk for
> rmv8.bbc.net.uk. They changed the RA server but not all the .ram
> pointers are changed.

Subject: seattlepi.com Buzzworthy: Get your towels ready
   Buzzworthy
   Brian Chin's Weblog surveys the Web to spot what people are talking
   about ...
September 21, 2004

Get your towels ready
   Douglas Adams lives -- or, at least, his twisted imagination and voice
   continue.

   Over on the other side of the Great Pond, BBC Radio 4 today begins
   broadcasting [70]a new adaptation of the late humorist's best-selling
   "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" novels. The "tertiary phase" (i.e.,
   third season) adapts the third novel in the series, "Life, the
   Universe and Everything." Adams [71]posthumously plays the role of
   Agrajag, which he recorded before his death in 2001.

   Fans who are out of radio reception range will be able to hear
   Webcasts of each episode for seven days starting the Thursday after
   its initial airing.

   Adams began his satirical magnum opus as a radio series and,
   personally, I think it's still "Hitchhiker's" in its purest, most
   wildly entertaining form. I first heard the original 12 radio
   episodes, comprising two series, when Seattle NPR affiliate KUOW-FM
   aired them in the early '80s. I eagerly waited for more, but had long
   since given up hope.

   BBC 4's [72]"Hitchhiker's" radio site offers extensive background on
   the new series, including an amusing audio teaser, behind-the-scenes
   video and [73]an insightful interview with the director of the new
   series. (Among other things, he explains how he picks up the action
   from the second radio series, even though it followed a divergent
   narrative and ended on a cliffhanger that doesn't appear in the
   books.)

   BBC Online's [74]main Hitchhiker's site is also worth checking out.
   Category: [75]When you have a minute
   Posted by [76]Brian Chin at September 21, 2004 12:17 PM
   71. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3827181.stm
  72. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/index.shtml
  73. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/scenes.shtml
  74. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/