[Swprograms] Re: RVi

Richard Cuff wrote:  "Ouch!"

Ouch is right.  First the SRI announcement, which was
more-or-less expected.  And then right on its heels the
announcement from Frans.  Another different, lively voice and
perspective to be lost!

It would be nice if at least RVi could continue a program,
possibly as an internet feed that could still be picked up by
WRN.  But then again, personnel and production costs are likely
far more expensive, as compared say to the cost of hiring
transmitter time, and so I'm not holding my breath on the
availability of even a continued program as the costs still need
to be reduced.

Somedays I wish I was either much, much younger or very old.
Being in the latter half of my 40s is a drag - I'm old enough to
have experienced international broadcasting and to have learned
to love it.  And old enough to not want to fall in love with
only a digital, connected world.  Yet I'm not old enough, like
my parents, to have experienced international broadcasting back
when it was even more important and widespread.

Cheers from Iowa, USA,
Kevin, K9IUA

=====